Aim of Squad:
Everyone to be aiming towards achieving a Northumberland & Durham qualifying time.
- Swimmers ages range from 7 to 11 years.
- Swimmers must be competing in this squad so need to be a member of a Swimming Club affiliated to the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA).
- In this squad swimmers are aiming towards N&D standard.
- Attendance of at least 75% or above every month.
- Must compete in competitions directed by coaching staff, competing in events directed by the squad coach. Any issues with competitions must be consulted with your squad coach. Parents or swimmers do not choose competitions.
- Swimmers must have a positive attitude to training and competitions and a willingness to learn and improve.
- Emphasis on becoming a good 400IM swimmer, perfecting skills and technique and introduction to Open Meets.
- Any moves or bridging sessions with Group 1 are down to the coaches’ discretion.
- Swimmers must be on poolside 10/15 minutes before every session for poolside warm up, swimmers who are going to be late must let the squad coach know. Swimmers turning up very late may be refused entry to the session.
- Land Work and Morning Training is optional
- If you are ill or injured it is up to the coach whether you are fit enough to enter the pool, but if you turn up to the session you are expected to complete it.
- Swimmers must have their own equipment for every session including spare goggles.
||4:30 – 5:30pm
||6.00 – 7.30am
||6.00 – 7:00pm
||6.00 – 7.30am
||4.30 – 5.30pm
||6.00 – 7.00pm